Mesh Safety Covers
Opening and Closing your pool for the season is a yearly chore that takes time, effort, money, and is usually not a very enjoyable experience for anyone involved. If you have been using a tarp with water bags, you already know how much work it is to install in the Fall and remove in the Spring.
Installing a safety cover in your pool is arguably one of the best investments you can make in your backyard as they significantly increase pool and backyard safety, while at the same time decreasing the amount of time, chemicals and water required each Spring -- saving you money!
A safety cover works by using small brass anchors drilled into the pool deck. These anchors allow the springs to latch on and secure the safety cover when it is being used. When installed properly, the cover will sit flush with the pool deck.
When it rains, a safety cover acts like a filter, allowing water through the mesh and into the pool while keeping debris such as leaves, pine needles and dirt out. Over the winter, the cover will sag down to the ice level due to the weight of the snow, but pops back to being flush with the deck once everything melts.
When the safety cover is removed in the Spring, the pool is already full and ready to start up. If you are looking to improve your backyard safety, or decrease the amount of work needed in the Spring and Fall, a safety cover is something you should seriously consider.
Safety Cover Benefits:
- Improved backyard safety (great for clients with small children or pets)
- Saves hundreds of dollars a year on opening and closing costs
- Great cover durability (15-20 year manufacturers warranty)
- Fast and easy to install in the Fall and remove in the Spring
- Blocks between 95-99% of UV rays -- limiting algae growth
- Protects pool liner from UV damage
- Blocks large debris from entering pool while cover is on
- Cover can support large amount of weight without failing (tree branches, children, pets)
- 4 colours to chose from (green, blue, tan, grey)
- Backyard aesthetics greatly improved
- No more water bags!
A safety cover installation requires precise pool measurements, accounting for any obstacles around the pool and the type of pool deck. In most cases, safety covers take a day to install properly. You can expect to save hundreds of dollars per year on start up water and chemical costs, and we also offer significant discounts with our pool opening and pool closing packages!
GBI Pool Services Inc. has the expertise and equipment necessary for any safety cover installation in Ottawa. All safety covers installed we install come with a pro-rated manufacturer's warranty, as well as a 1 year workmanship guarantee.